Monday, February 9, 2009

How far would you go for $25?



I received this invitation recently in the mail from Nissan, it states "Receive a $25 gift card when you test-drive a new 2009 Nissan vehicle." Okay, I thought, a $25 gift card is nice, but when I opened the invitation and saw it was a Target $25 gift card I got excited. The restrictions are pretty straight forward, "No purchase necessary. To receive gift card you must bring the invitation and take a test drive in a new and unused Nissan by 2/28/09 at a participating dealer. Must be 18 and have a valid drivers license."

We are not in the market for a new car and I'm not good at lying so I would be doing the test-drive simply for the gift card. Is that fair to the dealer? Am I just wasting their time? The auto industry is hurting right now like a lot of businesses and they are trying to drum up some business. But $25 at Target would be nice...

What do you think? Have you received this type of invitation recently? Would you take advantage of the offer?

1 comment:

  1. I've felt conflicted about these offers myself. I always end up not taking advantage of the offer and my conscience thanks me for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.