Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's for dinner? 2/3 - 2/7 2009



or breakfast? I had some over-ripe bananas and we made some banana oatmeal muffins yesterday. The recipe is for bread, but I always make muffins to save baking time and muffins are easier to freeze.
...and now for dinner this week...
Tuesday - Soup & Salad night - Broccoli cheese soup - very easy recipe that my mom has been making for years. It is only 4 ingredients and it cooks in the crock pot. 8 oz cheese whiz - (you read that right;does it take you back to your childhood?), 2 cans cream of celery soup, 1 pint half & half, 2 packs frozen chopped broccoli (in the box). I am also going to make for the first time, Buttermilk Quick bread, it was in my jan/feb Cooking Light magazine. I couldn't find the recipe on line yet.
Wednesday - Chicken & black bean tacos
Thursday - baked chicken, steamed broccoli, brown rice
Friday - OTE
Saturday - Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.