Monday, March 9, 2009

How To Make Oven Fries

I love french fries and a big dollop of Heinz ketchup on the side. Although, I hate the guilt I feel when I indulge, knowing that they just aren't that good for me or my family.

I have found that I can have my fry and eat it too...

I have been making oven fries for years. My favorite potatoes to use are yukon gold or sweet potatoes. I cut the potatoes into eighths and toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. If I am baking yukon golds I might also sprinkle with garlic or parmesan and if I am baking sweet potato I sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. I bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until desired crispiness.

Yukon golds ready to go into the oven.


Oven fries...do you think you can eat just one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.