Monday, August 10, 2009

Blueberry Ice Cream

Have you ever seen such a beautiful ice cream sundae?



We eat a lot of ice cream in the summertime. Well, who am I kidding, we eat ice cream year round. Before kids, it was nothing for hubby and me to go to get ice cream several times a week. We are within walking or biking distance to 3 ice cream shops. Now that we have 2 kids, it can get expensive when you are buying 4 ice cream cones, so we have been eating a lot of ice cream at home. I buy it at the grocery store when there is a sale or I make it myself.

The kids like to eat ice cream cones and I like to use my new parfait glasses that I found for FREE at a yard sale.

Last week, I made blueberry ice cream with blueberries I bought through a local fundraiser. It was yummy and it is a very easy recipe with only 4 ingredients. I found the recipe here.

I made mint ice cream earlier in the summer with the overgrowth of mint from my garden. Next flavor...zucchini??? Just kidding, I am going to make peach.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor this summer?


Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you don't already receive FBS free updates, please click here to sign up.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesdays and Tempt my TummyTuesdays and Friday Feasts.

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make blueberry ice cream! Thanks for the recipe -- and the great photo. It's inviting me to make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm.... and that's all I'm gonna say. Just, ummmmm....
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, YUMMY!!! YUM!!! recipe.
    I have become a follower of your blog. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
    THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! What a perfect treat before fall. Sorry I am late, busy week getting the kids back to school. I did a cookbook review and hope you'll stop by. If you have time, I invite you to join in my recipe/food post exchange here:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-feasts-cookbook-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.