Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tackle That Tough Spot - The Foyer Closet


I haven't tackled in a few weeks and it's not because I don't have tough spots that need tackled, I just haven't been in the mood to clean, organize or tackle anything, much less a tough spot.

But the foyer closet was driving me crazy. Things were just getting shoved in there, especially if we were having guests over. Too many jackets, pictures, luggage, boxes, baskets, a vacuum, stuff, stuff and more stuff.

It was time to tackle another tough spot.

Before:


When I pulled everything out of the closet, I found 20+ years worth of pre-digital photos that need to be organized. I also found many things to add to the yard sale pile: two racket ball rackets that my husband bought us last year that have yet to be used, a breast pump from my infant-nursing days, 12 martini glasses that were a wedding gift that have never been used, Christmas dishes that were never used, and a very ugly set of animal print luggage.

After...well it might not look it, but it is clean, organized and clutter-free. I even scrubbed the floor.

I know what my next tough spot should be...all of my pre-digital photos. I have boxes and books of photos that need to be organized. The photo albums are falling apart and I need to figure out how to organize them all.



I actually have lots of room now...


...And I plan on keeping it that way!

Have you Tackled a Tough Spot lately? Let us know in the comments.


Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.

If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or sign up for FREE email updates, by submitting your email address in the top left side of this site.

You can also follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/fambalancesheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.