Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Grilling Recipe Exchange and Delusions of Campsite Grandeur

Last week, I had the brilliant idea that for today's grilling post I would write about our campsite grilling menu from this past weekend's camping trip. The idea came to me as I was planning the food for our camping trip to an actual camp ground. We have camped in our tent before at my grandmother's cottage, but never at an actual campground. This trip needed to be planned out, so that it would go smoothly and we didn't forget anything.

The menu was set and it was going to be easy, but everything was going to be done on the grill.

The van was packed and even though we were only going to be gone for 2 nights it looked like we were leaving for a month.

We arrived at the campsite and set up our tents as quickly as possible. Because we ate a late lunch, we just made some sandwiches for dinner, so that we could get to the nearby amusement park. When the park closed, we headed back to the site and my husband made a fire. We snacked on s'mores and went to bed.

At 6:30 am, my husband and I woke up to rain beating down on our tent. Not just any rain, but pouring rain. And it continued to rain for the next 12 hours. I can hear some of you ask, 'did you listen to the weather report?". Yes, we did and the words 'chance of rain' do not indicate to me 12 hours of rain. We were only 40 minutes from home and our hometown got barely a rain drop.

Needless to say it was a loooong day. And our plans to spend the day at the amusement park were obviously squashed. And I was not about to stand at a grill in the pouring rain. I was in no mood to cook...and take pictures.

We will go camping again. The girls didn't complain one bit...just mommy. But by the end of the weekend, I adjusted my attitude and we had a delightful weekend together as a family. I will be writing a post about the whole weekend later in the week.

I do not have a grilling recipe today, but I would love to read your favorite grilling recipes. If you are a camper, I would especially love to read about your favorite campsite grilling recipes either in the link-up or in the comments. What do you eat when you go camping?

Please share your favorite grilling recipes with us. Thanks for participating and I look forward to reading your recipes.

A few Mr. Linky guidelines:
  • Please link a favorite grill recipe to Mr. Linky. If you are not a blogger, please let us know your favorite grill recipe in the comment section.
  • Please post the link to your recipe, NOT to your homepage. To do this, click on your update post, copy and paste the whole url address into the Mr. Linky.
  • I also ask that you post a link back to Family Balance Sheet in your article or grab the badge that is in the top left of the site.
  • If you are reading this post via a reader or email, you will need to click through to post your link and to visit others who have linked up.






Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email. Are you on Twitter? Click here to receive updates via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.