Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There Is Something Delightful About A Brand New Blank Calendar

I bought my new 2011 calendar.

Much to the dismay of my husband, I am still a paper & pen person when it comes to my calendar. I prefer a spiral monthly/weekly calendar. I like to look at one month at a time for planning. I use the weekly section for my daily to-do lists. I love to make lists and I love to cross accomplished tasks off my list.

My husband has set me up on a Gmail account and I have promised him that I will input events into the calendar, so that we have a master family calendar. So basically, I am keeping two calendars. But I just can't give up my paper and pen.

Because this fresh, blank page is wide open for events and opportunities...


...and it will eventually look like this.


A jam-packed month with pre-school activities, birthday parties, appointments and my daughter's doodles. I just love a brand new calendar.

Are you still a paper and pen person like me or is your calendar completely digital? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.

If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email.

5 comments:

  1. I am very much a pen and paper kind of person. I like digital planners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to paper and pen!! AND to crossing off things on my list. Sometimes I write things down, that I have already done, so I can cross it off and feel the sense of accomplishment! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still a pen and paper person (more like a row of post-it notes and pen person), but hubby begs me to please put things like dinner dates and doctor's appointments on our Outlook calendar so I can send them to him at work. I do try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely!! A paper and pen kind of girl! I bought a PDA. I used it for about a week... then reverted back to my old ways. I just love being able to see the whole month in one view, scratch things out, write things in...
    on a side note....I really like YOUR spiral calendar...mind sharing where you got it? Still haven't picked up my new planner for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flap Jack - I got the spiral calendar at Office Max. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.