Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"This Was the Best Day Ever"

Our Sunday went like this:
  • Church
  • Head to Lowes to pick out a new toilet and bathroom vanity for our half bathroom
  • Stop for a quick lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant
  • Head home to change clothes, put youngest down for a nap, while my oldest and I go to a birthday party of one of her school friends. I stayed at the party.
  • After party, rush home for quick dinner of leftovers and get dressed to go back to church
  • Go back to church for the Children's Christmas musical where our oldest daughter sang a song in the Pre-K choir. Followed by a cookie party in the church gym.
  • Back home and put kids to bed about an hour and a half past bedtime.
When we walked in the house after the church musical, I realized the cleaning fairies didn't get the memo to clean up while we were gone. The day was such a rush that the breakfast dishes AND the dinner dishes were still in the sink, the dishwasher was still sitting full of clean dishes that were never put away, beds weren't made and the Sunday paper was spread out all over the living room. Our Sundays are not usually that hectic and I think I was home for one hour total from the time we left for church in the morning to the time we got back from the musical.

I was a bit distressed about the state of the house, but as I was tucking in our oldest daughter, who had just sang for the first time in front of a large audience, she said to me, "this was the best day ever".

"Oh yeah, why was that?", I asked.

"Because my dream came true. I always wanted to sing in front of people just like Hanna Montana.", she replied rather dreamily.

And with that, I kissed that beautiful little face good night and decided that the dishes in the sink could wait one more day.

If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Days like that make you appreciate a clean house isn't everything. The dishes will be there tomorrow. Glad you daughter had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic family filled day! Throw in a half of football and it would have been PERFECT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan - my husband was monitoring the Cowboys scores from his phone during the musical. He is a die-hard fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.