Monday, January 24, 2011

Sausage and Spinach Pasta


This dish only has 5 ingredients and they might even be ones that you keep on hand. This is a fast dish and my go-to meal for those hectic, busy evenings. It also happens to be one of my husband's favorite pasta meals.

Spinach and Sausage Pasta


1. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions.

2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the sausage. Brown the sausage, breaking it into small bite-sized pieces until cooked through.

2. Add the broth and scrape the brown bits off bottom of pan while stirring. The brown bits will stir in some flavor. Bring to a boil.

3. Add the spinach and cover to wilt slightly. Reduce heat and cook for about 2 minutes.

4. Remove spinach from heat and mix in with the pasta. When serving, top with Parmesan.

Print this recipe.


If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
This post is linked to:



3 comments:

  1. YUM! Sounds fabulous! I know I would love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...pasta...my biggest weakness in life! I just love mixing all sorts of veggies, like spinach, in with it. This is definitely something I could lose myself in a bowl of...

    :-) Visiting from Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasta meals are favorites around here! They are so fast and easy! This combo looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.