Monday, March 21, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan


One of my favorite things about spring is asparagus. We eat a lot of it this time of year, because of the specials I find, like the 99 cents a pound deal I got last week. My favorite way to eat it is roasted and it makes for an easy and delicious side dish.

Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
  • 1 lb asparagus, cleaned, dried and the thick ends trimmed
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Place asparagus flat on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and garlic and mix together until completely coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper.


Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until fork can pierce through and the asparagus is bright green. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!



Roasted Asparagus goes well with:


Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

4 comments:

  1. Asparagus is wonderful! And I just got a bunch with my Bountiful Basket on Saturday. I'll try this recipe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a deal on asparagus...I never see better than $1.99 a pound! I always cook mine the same way..and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I love all three items so this is definitely something I'll try when the price drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like asparagus is in season now ... and foods in season are both the cheapest and most fresh/delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.