Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Welcome to My Jungle

Who would have thought 7 weeks ago, that this humble boxed garden with its new soil...


...would become such a jungle.


Or this newly planted herb garden...


would explode into this...


And silly me for worrying that I didn't know how to weave the cantaloupe vines...


...they practically do it themselves.


And my raspberries that I bought at a yard sale last summer...


...love their new location.


Somewhere in this mess are tomato plants, green beans and pepper plants.



Not for one second since May, have I regretted replacing the old soil with the new mix. I think my garden loves me for it...and the record amounts of rain that we have had is certainly helping.

How is your garden doing this summer? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:



This post is linked to Tuesday's Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage.

7 comments:

  1. wow! what a booming garden! isn't it funny, how we go about organizing and marking out their locations and so on, and then they just take over, almost mockingly? :)

    i'm visiting from jami's garden party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha it sure did explode!!! it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so impressed, you are living my dream. Unfortunately my yard doesn't get enough sun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great garden. What state are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks lush and wonderful--it is amazing how quickly those little plants take off when conditions are right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love gardening even the work that is involved is done with love your garden looks great as well come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. FSYA - I live (and garden) in PA.

    Thanks everyone for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.