Thursday, October 27, 2011

21 Pumpkin Recipes To Tempt Your Taste Buds


We have waited all year for pumpkin season. Can you believe it is here already? Let's enjoy the season with some awesome recipes from around the web.


Do you prefer to use canned pumpkin or home-cooked pumpkin in your pumpkin recipes? My grandmother is a hard core 'cook it yourself' person and swears that she can tell the difference between a pumpkin pie made with canned pumpkin versus one made with cooked pumpkin. I have done both and don't really have a preference except that canned is much easier. Do you have a pumpkin recipe? Please share it in the comments.

Calling all bloggers: My next themed round up will be SOUPS and it will run Thursday, November 3. If you have a recipe to share, email me your link at familybalancesheet at gmail dot com.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest

This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family and Mommy Club Wednesday at Milk and Cuddles.

Image: Arvind Balaraman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

4 comments:

  1. Great list of recipes :) I made homemade pumpkin puree. Once. I won't ever do it again. I couldn't believe how long it took and the mess it made. I use pumpkin in a lot of things, and I'll just use the canned stuff :)

    Here's what I wrote about my puree-making experiment: http://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2010/11/roasted-pumpkin-puree.html

    And here are a couple our favorite pumpkin recipes from my blog: Pumpkin Black Bean Soup: http://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2009/12/pumpkin-black-bean-soup.html and Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun Cake: http://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2010/11/pumpkin-cinnamon-bun-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha...I've never considered NOT using canned pumpkin in recipes. Love pumpkin, but have never taken the time to cook it fresh. Maybe there is a difference? For soups though...I love soup and try a different recipe each week. I'll email you a link when I have a post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to buy canned. Never do now. Always home made. I just bake the split and de-stringed pumpkin (use a BIG metal spoon) filling the oven to do it all at once. Then it goes through the food mill and into bags. Done. I know what is in it, I buy it when it's cheap from local farmers, and I don't need to remember it at the store, where it frequently costs as much for a small can as I paid for a few cans worth "in the round". I use it much more often now that I do my own puree. So far I have only frozen it in recipe size portions, but plan to pressure can cubes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a great list of recipes!
    I love pumpkin, eat a lot of it, and I didn't know it came in cans till I started reading blogs :)
    but no canned pumpkin here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.