Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Organized Is Your Purse? Take a Peek Inside Mine



Recently, I participated in the BlogHer and P&G Life Well Lived Blogger Panel where they explored the topic of Getting Organized: When Your Purse Weighs More Than Your Body

The panel was asked: What are the biggest issues you have in keeping your purse organized and neat and what is the best advice you have to keep your purse neat and orderly? What 3 things in your purse are must haves and what 3 could you live without?


I keep a fairly organized purse, but my biggest issue is paper clutter (e.g. receipts, coupons, to-do lists). I found that the bigger the purse I carried, the more I put in it, so I have gone small. My purse now contains my wallet, a small cosmetic bag, a gift card carrier, my phone, and sunglasses. The cosmetic bag keeps my purse organized. It has travel wipes, feminine hygiene stuff, lip gloss, pen, travel hand lotion, and some mints. All of that stuff would be floating around, if I didn’t keep it contained in my cosmetic bag.

The 3 must haves in my bag would be my wallet, cell phone, and lip gloss. I regularly clean out my purse, because I can do without all of the paper clutter.

My current bag of choice:

I have to confess that I am a reformed bag lady. In my past life, I was a handbag buyer for a department store. I was responsible for the handbag assortment for over 70 stores. Some of the companies that I dealt with were Liz Claiborne, Stone Mountain, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Fossil, and Rosetti. At the time, I was absorbed in the fashion retail world and carried many different bags, depending on my outfit or occasion.

Now, my life is much different. The woman who used to own over 25 handbags, now only carries one and I long ago sold or donated most of those bags. I like this bag, because I can cross it over my body and I am then hands-free. It also happens to be my favorite color. I can see myself carrying this bag for years to come.

Inside my bag (the receipt was promptly filed as soon as the picture was taken):


This cosmetic bag is the reason my purse stays so organized. Can you imagine all of this stuff just floating around if it weren't contained?


This is my favorite wallet. I like it because it has room for me to keep my cash envelopes.


Now it's your turn. What are the biggest issues you have in keeping your purse organized and neat and what is the best advice you have to keep your purse neat and orderly? What 3 things in your purse are must haves and what 3 could you live without? Let us know in the comments.

And then head on over to enter the discussion about Getting Organized: When Your Purse Weighs More Than Your Body.

Also, be sure to read BlogHer's Life Well Lived Campaign, where they are exploring the topics: Looking Your Best, Getting Organized, and Getting Happy. While you are there, be sure to enter to win the $250 Visa gift card in the Life Well Lived Moments Sweepstakes.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.