Friday, October 14, 2011

Oue Home Will Never Sound the Same...


...and we are okay with that!

My husband and I have been talking about getting a piano for about a year. We went to a piano sale at a local college in the spring. Their music department leases pianos for a school year and then sells them to the public. (It doesn't sound very cost effective to me, but I digress.) The prices ranged from $1500 - $3000...moving along... We checked Craigslist occasionally, but the piano search was put on hold when other things became a priority.

Last weekend, we got a call from my mom that a family friend, who is downsizing, needed to unload the piano and was looking for a taker. We are now the grateful recipients of a FREE piano. The piano is in great condition; it just needs to be tuned. I'm heading to my personal Facebook now to ask my local friends for recommendations for piano teachers.

In the meantime, my husband and I just cringe (and giggle) at the music that our two little monkeys are making. We always wanted a home filled with music and now we have it.

Do you or your family members play the piano? Are music lessons important for you and your family? Let us know in the comments.


Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

2 comments:

  1. i wouldlovea piano for the kids to play on but with 5 of us in a 900 sq ft home, it's not possible. right now my 14 year old plays the viola, and my 12 year old the bass clarinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents bought a piano when I was younger...I wish I kept up on it. I think it is great that you are able to share the skill with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.