Monday, November 14, 2011

Making A List, Checking It Twice | Planning for Christmas



Christmas is now less than 6 WEEKS away. Can you believe it? Back in June I wished you all a Merry 6 Months Until Christmas and now we are down to 6 weeks. YIKES!

I am more prepared now than I was at this point last year when I waited until the last minute to shop. And by last minute I mean mid-December. I don't remember why we waited so long, but we took on a house renovation project in December and planning for that threw me for a loop. We scrambled at the last minute for ideas and settled on gift cards for some of our family members. Although, it should be noted that not one family member was disappointed by a gift card, but we didn't make a thoughtful effort.

This year, my list is almost done; I'm still struggling with some hard-to-buy-for people. I have a budget that we can live with and the cash to pay for it. I have even started shopping and have one of my kids done. Toys-R-Us made it easy a few weeks ago when they sent their catalog to my home along with a coupon. My girls devoured the catalog and gave me some ideas.

I have a plan this year and it feels good. My goal is to enjoy the season and leave the scrambling to the breakfast table.

Have you made your shopping list yet? Have you started or maybe finished your holiday shopping? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest Image: Paul / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.