Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baking and Decorating Gingerbread Men Cookies

Here's another great activity for the kids who are off of school and looking for things to do - Baking and Decorating Gingerbread Men (and House) Cookies.

We make these from scratch, using the McCormick Gingerbread Men recipe.


I will warn you, your kitchen counter will become a big mess. But the kids will have so much fun. What's a little flour all over the counters and floor.


For the icing, I mixed together 1 cup of confectioner's sugar, 2-3 Tbsp. milk, and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Add more milk or more sugar to change the consistency. I poured the icing into sandwich bags and cut a corner tip off for the kids to decorate, so I didn't want the icing too thin. You can also add food dye; my girls chose red and purple. They decorated the cookies with M&M's and sprinkles when they weren't popping the candy in their mouths. My girls are a sneaky pair.

Happy Baking!


Have you baked Gingerbread Men Cookies? How messy was your kitchen afterwards? Let us know in the comments.

This post is linked to The Mommy Club at Crystal & Co.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.