Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

Decorating gingerbread houses is becoming a favorite Christmas tradition at my house. I'm not sure what my kids enjoy more - licking the icing or eating the candy.

I must make one confession though. I buy the Gingerbread House kits. Baking the house components seems like a lot of work to me, especially when the kits are heavily promoted between Thanksgiving and Christmas at the craft stores. I buy two gingerbread house kits; one for each daughter. The kits include the house components, icing (that needs mixed together), and the candy.



My kids are on a winter break for two weeks and they need to be entertained or I'll hear, "can I watch TV?" So, the kids spent an afternoon assembling and decorating the houses - in between licking the icing and eating the candy.




Do you build gingerbread houses with your kids? Do you buy a kit or make them from scratch? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. We do them every year and yes I buy the kits, I am ambituous, but not crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.