Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals: Personal & Family


Happy New Year!

My husband and I had a four hour drive on Christmas day to visit his family. It is a looooong drive, over the hills and far away, but it gives us time to talk. When else do you have 4 hours of uninterrupted time to talk to your spouse - except for the "I have to go potty" plea from the back seat.

Recently, we were discussing that when the two of us write down our joint goals, we nail them every time. So on this looooong drive, we talked through our family goals and our own personal goals.

My Personal Goals
  1. Daily Devotionals: Read and pray for 20 minutes each day.
  2. Run 2 half marathons - one in the spring and one in the fall.
  3. Read one non-fiction book a month for either business building or personal enrichment.
  4. Read one fiction book every two months for fun.
  5. Create a schedule to divide my time between our small business, my kids/family, housework, exercise, and my blogging.
  6. Learn how to use my sewing machine. My mom gave me her old machine years ago when she bought a newer version. She is quite the seamstress, but I never had an interest until recently.
  7. Learn how to use our DSLR camera. My husband bought a new camera this past summer and I have yet to watch the instructional video.

Our Family Goals
  1. Declare one night each week to be Family Game Night.
  2. Less TV time, more creative time. This past December, I had crafts planned for each day of their holiday vacation. I won't be able to sustain that during the school year, but we had so much fun that I want to plan a new craft each week for the girls.
  3. Plan a family vacation to Walt Disney World...more on this in future posts.
  4. Plan a date night at least one time a month.

Household Goals
  1. Paint the kitchen.
  2. Update our living room. We have been in our home for 10 years and that room needs a fresh coat of paint, slip covers for the sofas, a new rug, and new window treatments...and I want to do it as inexpensively as possible.
  3. New blinds for the master bedroom.

Have you made some goals and plans for the new year? Please share them in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Image: Stoonn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of things to do. Good thing there's a lot of 2012 left to bond with your family. Speaking of which, why not plan for more than one family vacation?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.