Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Celebrate Summer Solstice {Summer Fun Guide}


According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, summer officially begins Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 7:09 pm (EST). It also marks the longest day of the year. To me that sounds like a great reason to celebrate.

I've already told my kids that they can stay up extra late on Wednesday night and we have started to plan our evening.

It's supposed to hit 90+ on Wed, so we'll head to the pool in the late afternoon and stay until closing time at 8pm. I'll pack sandwiches, fruit, and snacks, although I suspect my stinker-belle's will be angling for concession stand french fries as well.

Then we'll head home and make smore's at our fire pit. My husband and I might enjoy an adult beverage while the kids play on their swing set well after bedtime.



How are you going to celebrate Summer Solstice? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.