Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade Fajita Seasoning


We love chicken fajitas. In fact we order them quite a bit when we are dining out at our favorite Mexican restaurant. As I was planning some grilling recipes for the summer, I came up with the idea of making Grilled Chicken Fajitas. We can now eat fajitas in the summer at home and I don't have to stand by my hot stove to do so.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a fajita seasoning packet on hand, so I searched online and found a homemade recipe at Food.com that I used as a guide. I altered it a bit, because there were some ingredients that I didn't have any on hand. The result--my family loved it.

Homemade Fajita Seasoning
makes approximately 2 tablespoon or 1 packet
  • 2 teaspoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon cumin
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)

This recipe is very easy to double, triple, or quadruple so that you have it on hand when you need it. Reuse an empty seasoning or herb container for storage. Remove the old label and clean and dry the container well.


Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.