Saturday, July 28, 2012

Central Park Zoo, Life Changes...and Zucchini

You will have to excuse my absence the past few weeks, this summer has gotten the best of me.

Unfortunately my blog has been the victim of an over-planned summer. My husband and I just commented this week about how active we have been--VBS, Y-camp, play-dates, boating with the grandparents, weekend trips to visit extended family and friends, trips to the playground, picnics, swimming at the community pool, CSA farm days, a day trip to Central Park zoo, and a summer vacation to the beach.


I also help my husband manage our business, but I didn't do such a good job planning for child care this summer. I'm cramming my work in between our activities and I'm not succeeding. Our home has also become the 'IT' place for the neighborhood kids recently. I love that they all want to play here, but someone has to keep an eye on five 4-6 year old girls.

Life changes...as of last week, a large project that my my husband and I have been working for 6 months has finally come to fruition. After renting an office space for 12 years, we bought a building last week. It needs a lot of cosmetic work on the inside and we are anticipating the grand opening to be the beginning of October.

On top of all of this, the Olympics have started and we are die-hard fans. 17 days of round-the-clock TV coverage. I don't know what I love more, the games or the stories of the athletes about their journey to the greatest competition on Earth.

So bear with me as I try to come up for air soon with more consistent posting.

In other news, check out my latest recipe over at The Happy Housewife--Zucchini Muffins. If you are swimming in zucchini right now, give these a try.

How's your summer going? I would love to hear all about it!

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.