Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken & Vegetable Soup


I found this recipe for Chicken & Vegetable Soup in a recent copy of Cooking Light magazine. I made a few changes based on what was in my kitchen. It is a super simple recipe and I used frozen green beans and carrots from our summer garden. On this cold January day, I long for summer!

Chicken & Vegetable Soup

Ingredients

Directions

1. Over medium heat, add olive oil to a soup pan. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and seasonings. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until carrots and onions are softened.

2. Add the broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.

3. Add the orzo, green beans and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.

4. Optional - Sprinkle Parmesan on top of each serving.

Print recipe for Chicken & Vegetable Soup.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.