Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Have You Ever Seen an White Squirrel?

I'm not found of critters. Squirrels have chewed through one too many cable lines to our house and bunnies think that my backyard is an all-you-can-eat buffet.

But one critter caught my eye the other morning as I was running--a white squirrel


I couldn't get too close, because (1) I didn't want to get caught trespassing in someone's yard and


(2) he went scurrying away.


Apparently, there are white squirrels and albino squirrels and neither one is a very common sight. I wasn't close enough to determine if he was an albino squirrel with red eyes, but with all of the grayish brown squirrels that inhabit our neighborhood, it was a funny sight to see a white one.

Have you ever seen a white squirrel?

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. I haven't but there's a place not too far from my in-laws where there is lots of them

    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2666

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that town takes their love of white squirrels seriously! Thanks for the link...fun read.

      Delete
  2. Is it a sign of something? Perhaps lucky or something more foreboding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! I've never seen a squirrel like that before, although a while back I did see an albino duck nearby frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exeter, Ontario, Canada has white squirrels!
    http://www.blogto.com/travel/2009/10/the_white_squirrels_of_exeter/.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.