Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to Grill BBQ Chicken Without Burning It


Pin This Post on Pinterest

No more burnt grilled BBQ chicken!

In the past, I've always burned BBQ chicken. I just couldn't find that balance of cooking the chicken all the way through and not burning it.

It turns out that I was grilling it wrong. In the past, I put the BBQ sauce on the chicken before I placed the chicken on the grill. And by the time the chicken was done cooking on the inside, I had burned it on the outside. I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of burnt chicken.

The problem: If left too long, sugar burns on a grill and BBQ sauce usually has sugar in it, whether it's an ingredient or it's from the ketchup.

My solution...

How to Grill BBQ Chicken without Burning It!


1. Drizzle chicken thighs and legs with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper or your favorite spice.

2. Place the chicken on a hot grill, about 450 degrees. Close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and then cook for another 9 minutes. (If you are grilling boneless chicken, you will reduce the grilling time. Follow these grilling instructions.)

3. Brush some BBQ sauce on the chicken. Close the lid and grill for the last minute.

4. Flip the chicken, brush the top side with sauce and close the lid again and grill for 1 minute.

5. Use extra sauce for dipping.

Voila!

Grilled BBQ chicken that isn't BURNT!


For as often as I grill, I don't know why I didn't think to do this earlier. Oh well! Lesson learned.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to eat that delicious platter of Peach BBQ chicken!

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.