Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Taking a break from deal chasing...at least this week.

Do I really need another tube of toothpaste? How much deodorant does one family really need? These are questions that I am asking myself this week. I am grateful that there aren't any exciting deals for me this week at my favorite store, CVS. I am grateful for the break and my kids probably are too.

I was a deal chaser years ago before I had kids. I was an avid rebater at Rite-Aid and CVS. I had loads of health and beauty products and I was very happy to donate what went unused. For some reason I unconsciously stopped the deal chasing, I really don't know why. Only recently have I started up again. I am sure my recent discovery of 'deal' blogs has helped. I am grateful for those wonderful women who alert me of the possible deals to be had at CVS, Rite-Aid, Target and Walmart, but this week I am taking a break. It came to me when my dd#1 asked me last week as we were pulling into a mall parking lot, "we're going to Target again, Mommy?'.

I know these deals help our grocery budget, but I am beginning to realize that I have to put a limit on this deal-chasing bug that I have been bitten by. I have to become okay with letting an amazing deal go by, because I am sure it will swing by again in a few weeks or so.

I think this is what happened last time, I got sucked in by a potential money-making deal of deodorant and I went over-board. Upon reviewing my bathroom closet(above photo), I realized today that I have enough stuff to last me for a long time, at least until the bug hits me again...next week.

Are you a deal-chaser? Have you ever felt the need to take a break?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.