Thursday, June 4, 2009

Utility bills: Are you lovin' your bills this month?

Don't you just love this time of year? There are usually several weeks or maybe months when it is too warm to use your heater and too cool to need AC. All of our windows are wide open letting in fresh air. The nights are a little breezy that we might still need a blanket. Hot coffee still tastes really good in the cool mornings. AND my electric/gas bill that I got in the mail yesterday was $200 less than what it was in February. woohoo!!

I am not a martyr for frugality, I will turn on the AC when the heat hits the upper 80's. One summer, a couple of years ago, I tried to go as long as I could without turning on the AC and I got bugs in my kitchen cupboards. I had to throw everything out; rice, flour, sugar, pasta, cereal, everything. I cried because of all of the food that was thrown away. It was the first time I have ever had bugs in my kitchen and my mother told me it was from the high heat.

We will go as long as we can and take advantage of the low utility bills. When the AC finally has to be turned on, I become more adamant about making sure lights and other unused electronics are turned off.

Right now I am enjoying the breezy early summer.

Have you noticed lower utility bills lately? At what point will you turn on the AC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.