Thursday, January 27, 2011

Batch Griddling: Your Mornings Just Got Less Hectic


Our week day mornings just got a little less hectic.

I had 2 cups of pureed roasted butternut squash in the freezer that I wanted to use up. I found a recipe for pumpkin pancakes online and made two batches using the butternut squash in place of the pumpkin.

I flipped 2 dozen pancakes swatting little hands out of the way so they wouldn't get burned. Patience is a learned virtue.

Once the 22 remaining pancakes cooled down, I put them in freezer bags with a small piece of parchment paper in between each cake to prevent sticking.

Now on those hectic mornings, I can just grab the pancakes that we need and put them in the toaster or microwave them for a few seconds and breakfast is served.

If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:



This post is linked to Works for Me Wedneday at We are That Family and Frugal Friday at Life as MOM.

4 comments:

  1. I love freezer cooking and pumpkin pancakes. We just made sweet potato waffles and they were a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, I always need a way to make life smoother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same! I also saw your post on baking brownies in muffin tins....I just did that as well! (Great minds think alike:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making sweet potato pancakes and pumpkin ones. This is a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.