Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I LOVE Grocery Store Grand Re-Openings


A local Weis grocery store was renovated recently and their grand re-opening is this week. I don't shop at this store, but the loss leaders and sales for that one store were worth the 4 mile drive, vs the half mile drive to the Weis right around the corner from my house. They also had a $8 off $50 coupon specific for the new store in the paper. That sealed the deal as to where I was going to shop this week.

I came home with:
  • .99/lb asparagus
  • .99/lb grapes
  • .99/lb green beans
  • .99 cereal - My favorite post-run snack.
  • .99 Purex detergent (not shown)
  • 4/$5 red and yellow peppers - I prefer these peppers over green, but they can be very expensive
  • B1G1F strawberries that smelled delicious and didn't look too bad for this time of year
  • $2.99 coffee
  • and an assortment of other great deals
And to top it all off, a $5 coupon printed out for my next purchase at the store, so I might be going back on Saturday to stock up on more veggies.

Don't you just love when a grocery store decides to remodel a store? Have you scored any great grocery deals lately from a store opening or re-opening? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.