Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Pizza


Ever since I started making a master batch of Artisan bread dough, I have declared Saturday night: Homemade Pizza Night.

My husband was getting a little bored with the cheese pizza that I was making with the kids in mind. They aren't big fans of loaded pizzas. One night, my husband asked if we could mix it up a bit and add some fun and different ingredients to the pizza.

So I looked in my fridge and pulled together some things that I had on hand. The result was a flavorful and delicious pizza. But my husband and I agree that what makes this pizza so good is the roasted garlic. I will be using roasted garlic as a base for many other pizza variations that are swirling around in my head.

Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Pizza
  • 1 head of garlic, roasted
  • ¾ cup feta - I used feta flavored with basil
  • ¾ cup packed spinach, chopped
  • ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes - I buy the non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes and they charred a bit, but did not affect the taste of the pizza
  • ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives or black olives
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • your favorite homemade pizza dough - I used the Olive Oil Master recipe from Artisan Bread Cookbook
I detailed How To Roast Garlic in this post.

Once the garlic has cooled from roasting, remove all of the cloves from their skins and smash together in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until the garlic is spreadable.

Form your pizza dough into shape. Spread the garlic over the dough with a butter knife.

In a small bowl, combine the feta, spinach, tomatoes, olives and olive oil.


Spread this mixture over the garlic on the pizza dough.


Bake according to your pizza dough instructions. I used the Olive Oil Master dough recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day and followed the directions for the pizza recipe.


I served with fruit and a spinach salad. Enjoy!

Print recipe for Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Pizza

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:


This post is linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.