Monday, October 3, 2011

Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash Bowls

I love the flavors of fall: apples, clementines, pears, pumpkins, and fall squashes. We usually receive a few fall squashes with our CSA share and this is one of our favorite ways to eat acorn squash.

1. You'll need a sharp chef's knife to cut through these little buggers. I cut the stem off first and then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Be very careful.



2. Scoop out the seeds of the squash. In the cavity of each half, place:
  • 2-3 teaspoons butter
  • 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts


3. Place in a casserole dish. Add 1/2 C water to the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.


After baking, mix together the flesh and the ingredients within the acorn "bowl" and enjoy.


Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

This post is linked to Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop and The Mommy Club Solutions and Resources at Crystal and Co and $5 Dinners and the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM.

4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious and sound like a perfect Fall dish. I am new follower from the Mommy Club. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have one on the counter staring at me. It also came in a csa box. Now I have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I add this recipe to Pinterest? I don't see a "pin it" button but I would love to save!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added the pinterest button! I'm not sure why it was missing. Thanks for the alert.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.