Monday, May 21, 2012

My Day @ Bloggy Boot Camp


This past Saturday, I woke up bright and early and headed east to Philadelphia to attend my first blog conference. I sucked up my fear of walking into a room and not knowing ANYONE and I spent the day listening, learning, and absorbing tons of information to help me improve my writing, my blog, and my business.

Bloggy Boot Camp is run by The SITS Girls: Tiffany Romero and Francesca Banducci. They are two witty, sharp, and savvy women who are a wealth of knowledge about blogging, business, and social media. They also lined up a stellar group of speakers. I took 15 pages of notes from the 6 sessions:
  • Top 10 Tips for Blogging Success - Laurie Turk from Tip Junkie
  • Video Unveiled: Getting View on You Tube - Colleen Padilla from ClassyMommy
  • Expanding Your Platform Beyond Your Blog - Audrey McClellan from Mom Generations
  • Business of Blogging Workshop run by Laurie Turk, Tiffany Romero, Allison Tallamantez, and Danielle Liss.
  • SEO: 10 Things to Make Google Love Your Blog - Dali Burgado from Secrets to Web Success
  • Proven Methods to Grow Your Site and Increase Your Influence - Sharon Rowley from Mom of 6
I also met a lot of other bloggers, traded tons of business cards, ate a delicious lunch provided by Kings Hawaiian, and received an unexpected, but sweet swag bag provided by all of the conference sponsors: Mirassou WineryWaterPik, Happy Family Organic SuperFoods, and Care.com.

On the way home, my head was spinning with ideas and flashbacks from the day. Honestly, I think my head exploded somewhere along the PA Turnpike. I arrived home exhausted, but energized about all of the possibilities for Family Balance Sheet.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The SITS Girls for posts from other bloggers of their experience at Bloggy Boot Camp.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to growing my blog also. Thanks for pointing out blogging groups, I was not aware there was anything like that available. Good luck implementing what you learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend attending BBC, especially if there is one near you. There are 4 a year in different cities across the country.

      Delete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.