Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tackle that Tough Spot: Purge the VHS tapes and Unused Media

When was the last time you watched a VHS tape? 


Our VCR started eating tapes a few years ago and we were not about to replace it or try to get it fixed.  But for some reason I never got rid of the tapes. As I was cleaning out our entertainment center I realized the craziness of keeping them, so I tackled it and the tapes are headed for the yard sale/giveaway box.

I also went through the stacks of CDs and DVDs. We download our music now, so there is no need for piles of CDs that we don't listen to. (That pile above is just a smidgen of what we have.)  The unopened DVDs of Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of The Office and Seinfeld are also heading to the yard sale box. We don't watch them, we have never watched them, and if we wanted to watch them, they are on cable TV every night. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how we got them.

Do you have stacks of VHS tapes, CDs, and DVDs lying around? Go tackle it!

Join me every Thursday for another installment of:


Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.