Thursday, October 25, 2012

Surviving the Holidays


Holy Moly, Christmas is 2 months from today.

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

These next two months can be a very stressful time of year for people. The pressure to not eat too much, not spend too much, buy the right gift, spend time with extended family, and hope that our jeans still fit on January 2 can send some people over the edge. Me included.

Shopping for Christmas gifts always causes me the most stress. I'm not one to think about it much through out the year and I don't really get started until Thanksgiving.

I hate the rushed feeling that is about to come over me in a few weeks. I want to avoid the over-whelming crowds, enjoy the festivities with my family and friends, and remember why my family and I celebrate the season. I don't want to blindly gain 10 pounds, spend more money than we have budgeted, and head into 2013 without realizing how truly blessed I am.

This year, I'm hoping that with more thoughtful planning I can reduce the hustle and bustle and truly enjoy this season.

I'll be sharing my strategies over the next 8 weeks. I hope you'll join me!

What causes you the most stress during the holidays? Let us know in the comments.



Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.