Wednesday, November 7, 2012

How {NOT} to Carve a Turkey

How hard can it be to carve a turkey?

I found out one Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago when I was preparing for Turkey Week. I asked my husband to photograph me while I carved the turkey I had just roasted. There was some mild eye-rolling, but he is generally game to play with his Nikon.

I took the turkey and what I thought was a sharp knife to our sunroom so we could capitalize on the natural light. And I started to carve.

So far so good...


But my knife began to fail me and I needed to twist.


...and pull...


...and tug...


And when it looked like this...we bagged the photo shoot...


I mean, really, how hard can it be to carve a turkey?

Apparently it's not hard for Alton Brown. And I'm sure it won't be hard for you either. Although, I would recommend a sharp knife. Check out his video on How to Carve a Turkey.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.