Wednesday, March 6, 2013

20 Different Ways to Use Original Dawn Blue


Pin on This Post on Pinterest

Did you know Original Blue Dawn isn't just a dish washing liquid?  I've been using Dawn for years to wash my dishes and also to clean our windows and mirrors (for just pennies), but what I didn't realize was that Dawn can also be used to control dog fleas, clean soap scum in your bathroom,  remove spots on your laundry, and make amazing bubbles. And that's just a few of its uses.

And bonus, these new uses will also cost much less than the store bought version.

20 Ways to Use Original Blue DAWN

(Note: I have not personally tested all of these recipes for their effectiveness.)

1. Wash Your Windows for just pennies

2. Clean Your Make-Up Brushes

3. Control Fleas on your Dog

4. Tub & Shower Cleaner and a great storage/dispenser tip

5. Remove Permanent Ink

6. Clean Your Car Mats

7. Yellow Armpit Stain Remover

8. Spot Remover

9. DIY Ice Pack

10. Stinky Dog Shampoo

11. Weed Killer

12. DIY Laminate Floor Cleaner

13. De-Icer for Steps and Sidewalks

14. Deer & Rabbit Repellent

15. Non-Toxic Lubricant for Doors and Windows

16. Remove Cooking Stains from Clothing

17. Remove Paint & Grease from Hands

18. Homemade Bubbles

19. Ant Repellent

20. No-Grate Homemade Laundry Soap

Apparently, there is a difference in effectiveness between the non-concentrated Dawn blue (in the picture above) and the Ultra blue version (in the picture below)? I didn't even realize there were two variations until I read the comments of one of these posts and a reader claimed that the non-concentrated version works better than the Ultra.  Personally, I don't know. Unknowingly, I've been buying the Ultra version and it's worked just fine on my dishes and windows. I did go searching for the non-concentrated version and the only store that carried it was Walmart. It is much cheaper per ounce than the Ultra, 6 cents per fluid ounce vs. 11 cents per fluid ounce, but whether it is any better, I'll have to test it out.



Are you an Original Blue Dawn fan? What have you used it for? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

This post is linked to Saturday Sharefest.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these. I can already see a couple I'd like to try and one I'll be passing on.

    Happy Sharefest. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's one more use for blue Dawn dish detergent, when your toilet is clogged and it's not flushing right, pour about 1/2 cup of Dawn in your toilet bowl and let it sit for a few hours or overnight and then flush it a few times and if it's really clogged bad add a vinegar or baking soda right after you pour that Dawn in your toilet bowl. Again let it sit for a few hours or overnight, works like a charm and you don't need to call a plumber and be stuck with a high bill. Voila, problem solved...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.