Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Plans at Family Balance Sheet



June 1st! Can you believe it? Weren't we just talking about Frugal Holiday Fun? And now we're picking out bathing suits and stocking up on sunscreen.

While I'm looking forward to summer with my family, it does present a new set of challenges for us and I'm sure others as well.
  • What will my kids do while I'm working from home or if I need to work at our business office?
  • How can we encourage our soon-to-be second grader to keep up with her reading skills that she worked so hard on in first grade, but not feel like she's in summer school?
  • What food can we eat that doesn't require the oven?
  • And how can we have tons of {screen-free} summer fun for very little cash?
To answer some of those questions and make life a little easier around here, my summer posts will revolve around two themes: Easy Summer Food and my 2nd annual Summer Fun Guide.

I don't want to turn the oven on and I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen--I just want to make (& eat) Easy Summer Food.

Photobucket

And I'll be looking for fun ideas that entertain and engage my family, but don't require a lot of cash and are guaranteed to make summer memories.

Photobucket

Personally, I'll take some online time off at some point over the summer to spend with my family relaxing at the beach. Also, in August, I'll increase my running mileage and start training for a fall half marathon.

Professionally, I'm heading to the Savvy Blogging Summit in June. It's my first overnight blogging conference and I can't wait to meet some blogging super stars that I have been following for years. I'm hoping that the summit will help me take FamilyBalanceSheet.org to the next level.



Family Balance Sheet is also getting a redesign over the summer. I'll start working with the designer this month and hopefully I'll have the redesign complete by the end of summer.

It's going to be busy around here, but I'm really excited about the summer of 2013!

What are your plans for the summer? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Family Balance Sheet and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from readers.